Entrance Exam name: Assam Common Entrance Exam (Assam CEE)
Type of exam: state level
Purpose of exam: Admission to undergraduate engineering courses
Institute conducting entrance exam: Dibrugarh University
About Assam CEE 2014: is an engineering entrance examination conducted by Dibrugarh University for admissions into the colleges in the State Universities of Assam and other specific renowned institutions.
List of colleges that accept CEE 2014:
(i) Assam Engineering College, Guwahati.
(ii) Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat.
(iii) Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat.
(iv) Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar
(v) 60 % seats of the Private Engineering Colleges and State Universities of Assam.
B.tech Courses offered at various Colleges:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
Note: Some streams may not be available at selected colleges.
- Candidates shall be selected strictly on the basis of merit of the Entrance Examination (CEE – 2014) to be conducted by Dibrugarh University.
- If more than one candidate secures same marks in CEE 2014, than the merit will be determined by the total marks obtained in PCM in the qualifying Examination.
Criteria if there is a tie in total marks between students:
- If there is a subsequent tie, then the total mark obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in the qualifying examination will be considered.
- If there is a further tie, then the tie will be broken by draw of lot by the Chairman of Selection Committee.
- The Candidate must appear in the Entrance Examination for admission (CEE – 2014).
- Candidate should have Indian Citizenship.
- Candidate should have a permanent address.
- For admission into B.E. Courses the candidate must pass the Qualifying Examination individually in the same sitting without any grace marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with a minimum of 50 % (45 % in case of SC and 40 % in case of ST) marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The same sitting means a candidate must appear all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English together.
- The Candidate must not above 21 years or below 17 years of age as on 1st August 2014.
- Candidate should not have any bad character history and should be mentally fit.
Important dates (dates will be announced in the month of April 2014):
Online submission of application (start date)
Closing of submission of online application
Last date of receipt of printed copy of online application
Date of issue of Admit Card
Dates of examination
Declaration of Results
Application/Form fees: 1000 INR (2013 )
To apply: click here
To download Admit Card: click here
For more information about B.Tech admissions 2014: click here
To discuss and share your doubts about state level engineering entrance exam: click here