University name: Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM)
Exam name: GAT(UGTP)
Purpose of exam: Admission to undergraduate courses
About Exam: The GAT(UGTP)-2014 (Online Admission Test) is conducted for admission to B.Tech. programs offered at Visakhapatnam, Bengaluru and Hyderabad campus of GITAM.
About institute: Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) is a deemed university offering various under graduate and post graduate courses. Established in 1980, it was conferred the status of deemed university in 2007. The university has three campuses – its main campus at Visakhapatnam spreads over 100 acres, and the other two campuses are at Hyderabad and Bangalore.
Pass in Intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized Central / State Board or its equivalent either in 2014 or 2013 subject to the following criteria:
- B.Tech. Programs : A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Tech. in Biotechnology: A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- Rank obtained in GAT (UGTP) – 2014.
Note: Students who passed Intermediate or 10+2 examination in 2012 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear for GAT-2014.
Selection Procedure: Rank in Online test – GAT(UGTP)
Exam pattern and syllabus: click here
B.tech courses offered: click here
Fees Structure: click here
Institutes participating in counselling: Visakhapatnam , Bengaluru and Hyderabad campus of GITAM
|Last Date of Receipt of filled in Applications||31st March 2014|
|Online Slot booking||06th to 12th April 2014|
|Download of E-Hall-Tickets||06th April 2014 onwards|
|Online Tests at different Centres||17th April to 8th May 2014|
|Announcement of Test Results||15th May 2014|
|Counselling for Admissions (2014-15)||1st week of June 2014|
To view notification: click here
Application procedure: candidate can apply online as well as offline.
- To apply Online: click here
- Offline procedure: Applications can also be obtained by post from Director-Admissions by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address accompanied by DD for Rs. 1,100/- (Rs. 700/- for female candidates) drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank. Request for application by post will be accepted upto 21st March, 2014.
For more information: click here